Sainte Maxime, France: My Favorite Place

After saving up money for two years, I graduated high school and took a month-long trip across Europe. While there, I got to stay with my best friend's grandma in Sainte Maxime, France. I stayed in her top-story condo that was a five-minute walk to the beach, a two-minute walk to the grocery store, and only a boat trip across from St. Tropez France, which is infamous for its wealthy inhabitants and celebrity tourists. There is a famous cake that is from St. Maxime called "Tropézienne" cake that if you ever get the opportunity to try, I cannot emphasize enough how delicious it is. While staying there for a week, I also got to watch the world cup in restaurants and see how wonderful the people of France are. I remember distinctly loving the farmers market of that town and how everything was within walking distance. This small town gives the laid back feeling of France, not nearly as expensive as other parts of that country, and is in close proximity to many other touristy locations that make it a perfect place to stay.

Sainte Maxime, France
Source: Golf Travel


Comments

  1. Oh, this is so cool, Spencer! I've been teaching this class (with favorite place posts) for a gazillion years, but still every semester people write about new places that I have never heard of before, including your very charming St. Maxime... and CAKE. Of course I had to Google "Tropézienne" cake to see what it looks like, and it looks DELICIOUS. Now if only Google would bake that cake for me, my life would be complete, ha ha. Here's an Indian sweets tip: there is a dessert you can order in pretty much Indian restaurant that is going to be crucial at the start of the Ramayana, a wonderful rice pudding called kheer, and it's not even that hard to make: more about kheer. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts