My 3 Favorite StoryBooks

After looking through the storybooks online, here are 3 that captured my eye.


1. Reverberations of Time 

https://sites.google.com/view/thedejavuofvishnu/home?authuser=0

  I choose this storybook due to the interesting title it has and the layout of the blog. I really enjoyed the simple and minimalist layout it has, while also being easy to access too. This storybook does an okay job at telling me what it is about, just not as easy as the other two storybooks I choose. The introduction, though, is what captured my attention by it's use of metaphors. The navigation and images all used were quite enjoyable and helped keep the blog readers attention while reading.


2. The Creation of Kali

 https://sites.google.com/view/birthofkali/home?authuser=0

      I choose this storybook because I recognized the name Kali from a Comparative Religions course I took here at OU a few years back. I remember being fascinated by Kali and its differences when compared to western religions. The title of this storybook got me interested, the layout and pictures used were both quite nice, and the introduction provides a clear explanation of Kali all while making me more interested in learning about this epic figure.


3. Hanuman in Ramakien 

https://sites.google.com/view/hanuman-in-the-ramakien/ramakien-intro?authuser=0 

    I have heard of Hanuman in the past but never had the opportunity to learn until I saw this title in the storybook section. I found it interesting how the Ramakien is similar but different than the Ramayana in that it uses the same story but with different characters and different personalities with the events remaining the same. The images in this storybook post were particularly nice  and helpful compared the prior two storybooks I looked at. It also had a different layout that I preferred compared to the other two. They do a decent job explaining, although I am still confused on Hanuman. I think it simply needs more explanation for someone with no prior knowledge. I think I will try to use a similar layout in my own blog and an abundance of photos like they did in the future to keep the blog readers attention. 


This picture depicts Kali the Goddess.
Source: Wikipedia


Comments

Popular Posts